Effective Date: September 5, 2022
- Personal Information Collected
- How Personal Information is Used
- Online Tracking
- How Personal Information is Disclosed
- Children’s Personal Information
- Links to Other Websites and Apps
- How we Protect Personal Information
- Retention of Personal Information
- Your Rights and Choices
- General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”)
- California Privacy Rights
- How To Contact Us
Personal Information Collected
We may collect the following personal information in connection with your use of the Site:
- Contact information, such as your name, postal address, email address and telephone number;
- Date of birth;
- Login information, such as your username and password;
- Payment card information;
- Commercial information about your use of Skematic’s products and any information provided in your customer service and other communications;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information;
- General location data and, as permitted by applicable law, precise geolocation data;
- Inferences drawn from the above-listed categories of personal information; and
- Other personal information in content you provide to us via your communications to us or on our websites, such as photos and videos or information provided on our social media platforms.
This personal information is collected from a variety of sources, including directly from you, vendors who provide services on our behalf, your interactions with our social media accounts, and public data sources.
How Personal Information is Used
We may use your personal information to:
- Create and manage your account and profile;
- Establish and verify your identity;
- Offer and provide products and services;
- Communicate with you about, and enable you to participate in, surveys, events, programs, contests, and promotions;
- Display content on the Site;
- Process claims we receive in connection with our products and services;
- Manage, operate and improve our business, such as by developing or enhancing our products and services and performing accounting, auditing, billing reconciliation and collection activities and other internal functions;
- Manage and respond to your communications, inquiries and requests;
- Provide customer support, including diagnosing and fixing technical issues;
- Perform data analyses (for research and commercial purposes);
- Identify and gather demographic and usage information about our users to tailor the Site to better meet the needs of our users;
- Tailor and customize your visits to the Site to meet your needs, such as by saving your preferences;
- Protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities; and
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our contractual rights and policies, including our Terms of Service.
We also use third party web analytics services on the Site, such as those of Google Analytics.
We may also combine personal information we have collected about you with information from other sources, including third parties from whom we have purchased personal information, or with information about other individual. We use this combined information for the purposes listed above.
The Site is not designed to respond to “do not track” signals received from browsers.
How Personal Information is Disclosed
We may disclose personal information to our affiliates and subsidiaries and to our customers, vendors and other third party business partners.
We may also share personal information (1) as required by law or legal process, such as in response to a valid court order or subpoena, (2) in response to a government request or law enforcement investigation, (3) to exercise or defend our legal rights or (4) as necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or suspected or illegal activity.
We may transfer your information in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution or liquidation) to the successor of such business or assets.
We may also aggregate or anonymize personal information in accordance with applicable law and disclose such aggregated or anonymized information to third parties.
Children’s Personal Information
The Site is geared toward a general audience, and is not directed to children under 13 years of age in the United States or under the applicable minimum age in other countries at which children can legally provide their personal information without parental consent. The operator of the Site does not knowingly collect personal information from children who are not legally permitted in their countries to provide their personal information without parental consent and any such personal information will be promptly deleted, unless it is legally required to be retained. If you believe a child under the legal minimum age may have provided personal information in connection with the Site, please contact us as specified in the “How to Contact Us” section of this Policy.
Links to Other Websites and Apps
The Site may contain links to other websites and apps for your convenience, which will be governed by the privacy practices of such applicable websites and apps. In addition, if you disclose personal information on social networks and other websites operated by third parties, they may act as separate data controllers from the operator of this Site.
How we Protect Personal Information
We take reasonable administrative, physical and technical measures designed to keep your information that’s under our control secure from accidental, unauthorized or unlawful use, acquisition, destruction, loss, alteration, access or disclosure.
Retention of Personal Information
Your Rights and Choices
We provide you with choices regarding the use of your personal information for marketing and promotional purposes.
Subject to applicable law, you may have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information;
- Correct or amend your personal information;
- Request the deletion of your personal information;
- Request restrictions on the use of your personal information or object to or request that we refrain from processing your personal information;
- Request the transfer of your personal information to a third party you select;
- Request the following information be disclosed to you:
- the categories of personal information collected about you,
- the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected,
- the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the personal information,
- the categories of third parties with whom personal information has been shared,
- the specific pieces of personal information collected about you; and
- Not receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of any of the foregoing rights.
To make a request with respect to your personal information, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to protect your privacy and security, your identity must be verified prior to completing any request that you may submit with respect to your personal information. You may be asked to provide certain information already collected from you to confirm that it matches our records so please include the following information in all requests: first name, last name, email address, physical address (to identify the jurisdiction in which you live), a description of the request being made, and “Privacy” in the subject line.
While reasonable efforts will be made to accommodate your request, certain restrictions and requirements may be imposed on such requests, as permitted or required by applicable law.
General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”)
For purposes of the GDPR, Skematic acts as a processor of personal information that is collected by our customers and provided to us in connection with the provision of our Services. When Skematic acts as a processor, we will process personal information only in connection with our customers’ instructions, as permitted or required by law, and in connection with our agreements with such customers.
- based on your consent;
- necessary for the performance of a contract;
- necessary to comply with a legal, regulatory, tax or other obligation;
- necessary for our legitimate interests, such as offering products and services based on user interests, improving services, managing relationships and preventing fraud.
You may also have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority in your jurisdiction if you believe that a violation of applicable data protection law in your jurisdiction has occurred. All personal information collected via the Site will be stored on servers.
California Privacy Rights
We use your personal information for several “business purposes” as defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.100 et seq. and its implementing regulations (the “CCPA”), as modified by the California Privacy Rights Act (the “CPRA”). These business purposes include:
- Performing services, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytics services, or providing similar services;
- Auditing related to a current interaction with the consumer;
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity;
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Short-term, transient use;
- Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration; and
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service.
We do not sell your personal information in exchange for monetary compensation or other valuable consideration and has not been sold any personal information in the past twelve (12) months. We do not share your personal information for cross-contextual behavioral advertising purposes.
How to Contact Us